Application Process (I-20, F1 VISA)

To get started, send an inquiry email to and go to the Study in the States website and take a look around. EOS will help guide you through the following steps, or you can complete Steps 1 & 2 ahead of time. We will require full payment of fees before we can move past Step 3.


Step 1: Choose your campus

Choose which Learning Resource Center you will be attending. It is mandatory to physically attend one of Learning Centers -- this cannot be changed once the process has begun.

- You can choose one from here based on where you will be living or spending most of your time here in California, USA.
- The Designated School Official (DSO) will contact you once all documents and payments have been received (step 2).
- If you are signing up directly through one of our eligible centers, you may submit the initial paperwork and payments to them. They will be sending EOS your documents and fees on your behalf. 

Step 2: Initial paperwork

Submit the following to our International department ( Please complete forms on your computer.

  • School Registration Form (here)

  • I-20 Info Form (here)

  • Proof of Identification (copy of passport recommended)

  • Financial / Bank Statement (must be able to show the ability to pay a full year's tuition)

  • Previous transcripts and test scores

  • For athletes, musicians, other talents - form of proof that you are a student athlete or talent (ie. awards, letters)

Step 3: Invoicing & Contract

Once all of your documents have been collected, you will receive an email first from the international department and then from your DSO. Your DSO will introduce themselves, if they haven't spoken with you already, and they will be helping you progress through the rest of the application process.

You will be receiving:

  • Invoice for Registration Fee and I-20 Processing Fee

  • Enrollment Contract that you will need to sign and return (from DSO/Campus)


Step 4: Processing

After you've made all payments to EOS and submitted a signed enrollment contract to your DSO, they will input your information into SEVIS that will be necessary to issue a Form I-20, "Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student." Your DSO will also be making the I-901 payment for you at this time. 

You will receive the following in both a scanned digital packet and a physical mailed packet (DHL- tracking number will be given).

  • Enrollment and Acceptance Letter

  • Receipt for fees

  • Enrollment Contract (signed by school official)

  • I-20 Form

  • I-901 Receipt

  • List of remaining steps (DS-160, fees, interview, etc)


Step 5: Student Responsibilities (PT.1 - VISA / Interview)

Travel to the US - VISA info, FAQ, etc (LINK)

  1. Review the DS-160 instructions and FAQ (FAQ || Instructions)

  2. Identify the U.S. Embassy or Consulate that is most convenient for you to visit.

  3. Visit the website of the embassy or consulate you will visit, and follow the instructions on the site to:

  • Pay your visa fee,

  • Obtain acceptable photographs (passport),

  • Complete your online DS-160 visa application,

  • Get a list of all required documents you must bring, and

  • Schedule your visa interview appointment.

While you are waiting for your interview, make sure to study up on what you will need to know and what to bring with you! This interview is your opportunity to tell the consular officer about your plans while in the United States and what you will do when you have completed your studies. When you have completed your Consular interview, let your DSO know the results immediately.


Step 6: Student Responsibilities (PT.2 - Follow Up)

  1. Notify your DSO of the interview results (good or bad)

  2. Let your DSO know your arrival date, flight information, and port of entry

  3. Come to school and meet with your DSO to choose courses

  4. Start classes!


Important links

Getting started

Study in the States Website - For Students (official)
Study Guide to the States!
Preparing for your Visa Interview
What is a Designated School Official?

While you're Here

Maintaining Status
Understanding your Student Forms
Student to Student (video)


Need more information?

Enrolled Students & Parents: Contact your Learning Resource Center and schedule a call or video conference with your DSO (if out of the country)
Prospective Students & Parents: Contact any Learning Resource Center and speak with the DSOs or email
Ask a Question directly via Homeland Security's "Study in the States" website here.